15 Feb 2016

OMA District 11 ( Toronto plus suburb of Scarborough) 11,000 members AGM at Ismaili Cultural centre. Only about 200 attended. Buffet dinner provided with orange and mixed fruit drink. No alcohol.Still no contract with Liberal provincial govt. Low attendance shows apathy towards OMA. Many GPs quietly moving into non-OHIP medicine: Salaried jobs with benefits in Federal, Provincial and  Municipal govts. Insurance medicine. Administering clinics and nursing homes. Organising pharm. trials. Cosmetic medicine. Eye refraction 20 - 64 y not covered by OHIP.  Reducing overhead by not having an office eg surgical assistant or reducing office overhead by only doing GP mental health. No receptionist or equipment needed. Those with USA or EU kicence can leave ontario or practice part-time abroad. OHIP only oays 50 per cent of OMA recommended fee of $340 an hour.

1 comment:

  1. A couple of reasons. Flour foods are one of the more calorie-dense and palatable foods in our typical diet, so they tend to promote overeating (that's more true for pastries and such, but also bread to a lesser extent). I also feel better when I eat starches besides bread. I recognize the possibility that it's all in my head, since I did a blinded challenge a while back and noticed no difference between regular and gluten-free bread (both white). But I nevertheless feel better without it. Actually, I seem to handle white bread a lot better than whole wheat bread, ironically. That, coupled with the question marks that remain about gluten, is enough for me to avoid it most of the time. I eat it sometimes anyway because I like it and it's the way of my people (half French).

    stretch machines benefits top stretching machines how stretching machine works

    Nice! Most people have a low opinion of horse clams-- I find them to be delicious both raw and cooked. I usually either slow cook or pressure cook to get them tender. Makes a killer chowder.

    Yeah, I was shocked by the quantity of taters we were digging up. I remember digging up a single plant that had about 5 lbs under it. It was either Red LaSoda or Chieftain. Many of the tubers were abnormally huge too (unfortunately, hollow centers were common). And that's despite the fact that the plants were ravaged by cucumber beetles early in the season.

    70 of the 800 lbs came out of a single 4 x 8 raised bed. That's more than 2 lbs per square foot! Conditions were optimal in that bed though: it was double dug, amended based on soil test, planted with a high-yield variety (Cal White), and well cared for.

    The cover crop isn't going to be optimal because we planted a mix of vetch, clover, and rye. Rye can be tough to terminate with hand tools on a large scale, and vetch doesn't germinate completely so you get seeds persisting and germinating. I'd like to just do crimson clover next year. Maybe I'll check out the videos you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete